The Butchers of
Cannamore Orchard Rules
The Butchers of Cannamore Orchard Escape Maze is a strategy game, a game that is achieved with the power of your mind.
*Please note: Starting Friday September 30th, our Spooky Wagon Ride will be operating at the same time as the Escape Maze. Due to this, it’s suggested that you plan ahead and arrive extra early. You must be at the Escape Maze check in area 15 minutes prior to your booking time! Thank you in advance for your understanding.
A group of players wins by successfully escaping from the last door of the last room within 45 minutes. Unsuccessful player groups must leave the game through the closest unlocked exit after 45 minutes has elapsed. When 45 minutes passes and you still haven’t gotten out, you can try again next time.
- The objects inside the Escape Maze are fragile. Please DO NOT attempt to use force during the duration of the game. Any damages to the games (room) may result in penalties and legal settlements.
- The clues are placed in human easy-to-reach If you are thinking about looking through peculiar places (like the ceiling, or behind bulky artifacts), you’re playing it the wrong way. We have placed don’t touch signs on objects that are not part of the game. Likewise we have marked exists that are not part of the game play with “No Exit”.
- We will give clues at our discretion to help you complete the game. In order to maximize the challenges and force game and human logical thinking, we will not give clues until you have exhausted your tries. There is a form of communication device hidden within the game play area, once located you can use this to contact our main desk for assistance.
- Smile, you’re on camera! We have an elaborate camera system, which watches your every move. This is for your safety, and it also assist us to give you a better game play experience.
- In order to prevent cheating, we request that players place their cell phones, camera’s, flashlights and bags into one of our complimentary lockers prior to starting the game. If you are caught using a cell phone, camera or flashlight, five minutes will be deducted from your overall game play count down.
- Food will not be permitted within the game play area, however water purchased on site will be allowed for hydration purposes only.
- Any violations of game rules could result in time penalties, the termination of the game, and/or liability to pay for broken or damaged items.
- If you are unable to complete a portion of the game because you’re too scared, you will be disqualified and your team will continue on without you.
- Those under the influence of alcohol, drugs or other intoxicating substances will be denied entry to the game play area, and a refund will NOT be issued.
- Our staff are here to have fun much like you are, they are not here to take verbal or physical abuse, those wishing to treat them with any sort of disrespect will be introduced to the local OPP (Ontario Provincial Police) Officers, we have a very close working relationship with them 🙂
In making a booking for The Butchers of Cannamore Orchard Escape Maze you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions:
- I agree that all game details of The Butchers of Cannamore Orchard Escape Maze are Trade Secrets that are protected by Intellectual Property Laws, and I shall keep any information obtained confidential. No use, copy, distribution, public display or creation of any derivative work thereof is permitted. The Butchers of Cannamore Orchard Escape Maze reserves all rights to take legal actions against any infringement.
- Non-compete: I agree that I shall not directly or indirectly, for my own benefit or for or with any person, firm or corporation whatsoever other than The Butchers of Cannamore Orchard Escape Maze, engage in any business that directly involves room escape games and that comepetes with The Butchers of Cannamore Orchard Escape Maze, within 24 months.
- I understand that The Butchers of Cannamore Orchard Escape Maze is not recommended for those with heart conditions, hypertension, claustrophobia or similar conditions. A also understand that I have to abide by the Rules for my own safety. I agree not to hold The Butchers of Cannamore Orchard Escape Maze and/or its directors and/or employees liable for any injury, death, damage, loss or inconvenience arising from any accident.
- I understand that all personal belongings should be kept in the designated lockers or in the care of the staff at The Butchers of Cannamore Orchard Escape Mazes front desk. Mobile phones, camera’s, laptops, tablets, recorders, paper, pencils, pens, keys, flashlights, outside food and drinks (list is not exhaustive) are strictly permissible. I am willing to submit to a security check before entering the maze. The Butchers of Cannamore Orchard Escape Maze and its employee’s are not responsible for the loss or damage of any personal belongings.
- I agree to use the facilities in The Butchers of Cannamore Orchard Escape Maze with care. The Butchers of Cannamore Orchard Escape Maze reserves all rights to seek indemnification should there be any deliberate attempt to cause damage of the tools, equipment and layout. I also understand that The Butchers of Cannamore Orchard Escape Maze may terminate the game at any time should any of the participants fail to abide by the rules or follow the instructions of The Butchers of Cannamore Orchard Escape Maze employee’s. There will be no refund of fee’s, full or partial, allowed.
- For participant’s own safety, an adult must accompany those under the age of 16 years of age.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Smoking is not allowed on the property.
- Alcohol and/or drugs are not allowed on the property.
- Late Arrival will not be tolerated; you must show up 15 minutes before your allocated time slot, failure to do so will result in reduced game play time OR cancellation of your booking with no refund being issued. This will remain at the discretion of the Game Master(s).